Signing up to the ‘Cambridgeshire Hear for You community’ Facebook group – an easy guide
Signing Up for a Facebook Account, if you do not already have one
To sign up for a Facebook account, follow these easy steps:
- Visit Facebook website
- On the homepage, fill out your first name, last name, mobile number or email, password, birthday, and gender.
- Make sure you choose a password that’s easy to remember, but strong enough to keep others guessing.
- Press “Sign Up”.
- If you want to limit who can find you on the internet, go to the ‘privacy’ setting.
A simple guide to using Facebook, after you are registered.
- Finding your friends – just type the name of your friends and family, in the search bar. Click on ‘add friend’.
- Search for your interests, organisations or people in the search bar at the top of the page. Click the Like button once you’ve found what you’re looking for. You will then begin to receive their posts.
- When you want to ‘post’ a message yourself, press Post – then type just like an email. Don’t forget to click Send when you finish.
- If you want to ‘post’ a photo or video, simply press Photo instead.
- When you read posts from others, you can Like them, Reply to them (send the author a message) or Send them (share them with one of your friends).
- The more you do, the more others will interact with you. Just experiment!REMEMBER: You do not have to do any of these to join our group.
Joining the ‘Cambridgeshire Hearing Help community once you are registered with Facebook.
- Type ‘Cambridgeshire Hearing Help’ in to the search bar.
- You will see the Cambridgeshire Hearing Help open page – press Like.
- Click on Groups at the top of the page – you will see the new Cambridgeshire Hearing Help community closed group – press Join. Answer the simple question showing you are eligible and you will be admitted in to the group as soon as possible, but between 24 hours and one week at maximum.
- All people with hearing loss, their families and those who support them, living in Cambridgeshire are very welcome to join the group. Please respect others in all your posts.
- Each time you want to go in to the Group to see the latest posts, reply and send new messages yourself, simply type ‘Cambridgeshire Hear for You community’ in the search bar.
- Join the group as often and at any time you wish. You will always be able to see and respond to the latest messages, simply by scrolling up and down the page.
It’s as easy as that! If you’re still having difficulty joining the group, please contact [email protected] or telephone 01223 416141. Please join us!