Welcome to Cambridgeshire Hearing Help
Founded in 1978 under the name of CAMTAD, our mission is to reduce the impact of hearing loss on people’s lives across Cambridgeshire.
Our dedicated team of 6 part-time staff and 115+ volunteers provide a range of services/activities to approximately 6,000 people with hearing loss, and their family and friends, each year.
We are now taking online Battery Requests and Bookings for our Hearing Aid Maintenance (HAM) Centres.
If you are an NHS hearing aid user and your HEARING AID NEEDS CLEANING AND RE-TUBING you can book an appointment at one of our Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres.
To comply with social distancing regulations and Covid-19 risk assessments, this is a ‘drop off and wait outside the building’, 20 minute service by appointment only. We ask that your hearing aids are handed to us in a sealed envelope labelled with your Name, Date of Birth, Postcode and contact phone number. You can also collect batteries at your appointment.
Our opening dates are as follows:
- Soham Library 1st Monday of the month, 10.30am-3pm: Soham Library, 5/7 Clay Street, Soham CB7 5HJ
- Ely Library 3rd Monday of the month, 10.30am-2pm: Ely Library, 6 The Cloisters, Ely CB7 4ZH
- Cambourne Cricket Pavilion 1st Tuesday of the month, 10.30am-3pm: Lower Cambourne Cricket Pavilion, Woodfield Lane, Cambourne CB23 6FB
- Ely Methodist Church Hall 4th Tuesday of the month, 10.30am-3pm: Methodist Church Hall, Chapel Street, Ely CB6 1AD
- St Ives Library 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10.30am-3pm: St Ives Library, 4 Library Row, Station Road, St Ives PE27 5BW
- Girton Baptist Church 3rd Wednesday of the month, 10.30am-3pm: Baptist Church 103 High Street, Girton, Cambridge CB3 0QQ
- Great Shelford Free Church 1st Thursday of the month, 10.30-3pm: Great Shelford Free Church, Ashen Green, Great Shelford, CB22 5EY
- Fulbourn Library 3rd Thursday of the month, 10.30am-3pm: The Swifts Meeting Room & Library, Haggis Gap, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5HD
- Chatteris Library 2nd Friday of the month, 10.30am-3pm: Chatteris Library, 2 Furrowfields Road, Chatteris, PE16 6DY
To make an appointment and/or request batteries, please use our online booking service or telephone our office: 01223 416141.
If you require batteries we will need to know what SIZE you need. This will be either size 13 Orange, size 312 Brown or size 675 Blue.
If you are unable to get to any of our Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres please contact your original provider: your hospital audiology department or Specsavers.
You can also pick-up batteries from the Cambridgeshire Mobile Library, which visits 85 villages and communities throughout the county: [email protected]
Further locations for Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres will be posted on this website as they become available.
If you need your NHS hearing aids cleaned and re-tubed, and need new NHS batteries, you could drop-in to one of our 43 community Hearing Help sessions. Find out about the sessions nearest to you.
We rely on support from individuals, community groups, companies, charitable trusts and foundations to keep our services running. Discover ways you can support us, including taking part in a sponsored event, making a one-off or regular donation, or leaving a gift in your Will.
Latest News from Cambridgeshire Hearing Help:
Cambridgeshire Hearing Help has published an independent ‘Economic Impact Report’ showing how from every £1 we fundraise, our work provides £6.15 of benefit to people with hearing loss – and saves nearly £1m to the NHS and to Social Services. Read the news release here, an infographic illustrating the fundings here, and the full report here.