Welcome to Cambridgeshire Hearing Help
Founded in 1978 under the name of CAMTAD, our mission is to reduce the impact of hearing loss on people’s lives across Cambridgeshire.
Our dedicated team of 6 part-time staff and 115+ volunteers provide a range of services/activities to approximately 6,000 people with hearing loss, and their family and friends, each year.
January 2021: Our Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres will be closed throughout January.
We hope to reopen as soon as possible and will review the situation towards the end of the month. Please check here for future updates.
We still continue to post batteries.
Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres open in Soham, Ely, Cambourne, St Ives and Fulbourn.
If you are an NHS hearing aid user, Cambridgeshire Hearing Help is pleased to announce the limited re-opening of its hearing aid re-tubing service. If your HEARING AID NEEDS CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE we have launched a ‘drop-off and pick-up 30 minutes later’ service at five Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres located in Soham, Ely, Cambourne, St Ives and Fulbourn.
To comply with the social distancing regulations and Covid-19 risk assessments our re-tubing process will take longer and therefore our sessions will be by appointment only. Because of these precautions we are only able to offer a ‘drop-off and pick-up 30 minutes later’ service at present. We ask that your hearing aids are handed to us in a sealed envelope labelled with your Name, Date of Birth, Postcode and contact phone number.
To book an appointment please contact us on telephone 01223 416141 or email [email protected].
Locations and opening times for our Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres are as follows:
- Soham Hearing Aid Maintenance Centre: 1st Monday of the month at Soham Library, 5/7 Clay Street, Soham CB7 5HJ. Open from 10:30am to 3:30pm. By appointment only.
- Ely Hearing Aid Maintenance Centre: 2nd, 3rd and 4th Monday of the month at Ely Library, 6 The Cloisters, Ely CB7 4ZH. Open from 10:30am to 3:30pm (closed 21st and 28th December). By appointment only.
- Cambourne Hearing Aid Maintenance Centre: every Tuesday at The Hub, High St, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6GW. Open from 10:30am to 3:30pm (closed 22nd and 29th December). By appointment only.
- St Ives Hearing Aid Maintenance Centre: every Wednesday at St Ives Library, 4 Library Row, Station Road, St Ives PE27 5BW. Open from 10:30am to 3:30pm (closed 23rd and 30th December). By appointment only.
- Fulbourn Hearing Aid Maintenance Centre: every Thursday at The Swifts Meeting Room and Library, Haggis Gap, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5HD. Open from 10:30am to 3:30pm (closed 24th and 31st December). By appointment only.
If you are unable to get to any of our Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres please contact your original provider: your hospital audiology department or Specsavers.
We CONTINUE TO PROVIDE BATTERIES BY POST. Please telephone us on 01223 416141 or email [email protected]. We will need to know what SIZE batteries you require. This will be either size 13 Orange, size 312 Brown or size 675 Blue.
Further locations for Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres will be posted on this website as they become available.
If you need your NHS hearing aids cleaned and re-tubed, and need new NHS batteries, you could drop-in to one of our 43 community Hearing Help sessions. Find out about the sessions nearest to you.
We rely on support from individuals, community groups, companies, charitable trusts and foundations to keep our services running. Discover ways you can support us, including taking part in a sponsored event, making a one-off or regular donation, or leaving a gift in your Will.
Latest News from Cambridgeshire Hearing Help:
Cambridgeshire Hearing Help has published an independent ‘Economic Impact Report’ showing how from every £1 we fundraise, our work provides £6.15 of benefit to people with hearing loss – and saves nearly £1m to the NHS and to Social Services. Read the news release here, an infographic illustrating the fundings here, and the full report here.