Welcome to Cambridgeshire Hearing Help
Founded in 1978 under the name of CAMTAD, our mission is to reduce the impact of hearing loss on people’s lives across Cambridgeshire.
Our dedicated team of 6 part-time staff and 115+ volunteers provide a range of services/activities to approximately 6,000 people with hearing loss, and their family and friends, each year.
JULY UPDATE: New HAM Centres opening at Cottenham and St Neots in July and Melbourn in August.
You can now make Battery Requests and book an appointment to one of our HAM Centres using our new online booking system.
If you are an NHS hearing aid user and your HEARING AID NEEDS CLEANING AND RE-TUBING you can book an appointment at one of our Hearing Aid Maintenance (HAM) Centres.
To comply with social distancing regulations and Covid-19 risk assessments, this is a ‘drop off and wait’ service by appointment only. We ask that your hearing aids are handed to us in a sealed envelope labelled with your Name, Date of Birth, Postcode and contact phone number. You can also collect batteries at your appointment.
Our opening dates are as follows:
- Soham Library 1st Monday of the month, 10.30am-1pm: Soham Library, 5/7 Clay Street, Soham CB7 5HJ
- Whittlesey Library 4th Monday of the month, 2pm-4pm: Whittlesey Library, 31-35 Market Lane, Whittlesey PE7 1BA
- Cambourne Hub 1st Tuesday of the month, 10.30am-1pm: Cambourne Hub, High Street, Great Cambourne CB23 6GW
- Ely Library 2nd Tuesday of the month, 10.30am-1pm: Ely Library, 6 The Cloisters, Ely CB7 4ZH.
- Ely Methodist Church Hall 4th Tuesday of the month, 2pm-4pm: Methodist Church Hall, Chapel Street, Ely CB6 1AD (closing end of July)
- St Ives Library 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10.30am-4pm: St Ives Library, 4 Library Row, Station Road, St Ives PE27 5BW
- Girton Baptist Church 3rd Wednesday of the month, 10.30am-4pm: Baptist Church 103 High Street, Girton, Cambridge CB3 0QQ
- St Neots Library 4th Wednesday of the month, 10.30am-1pm: St Neots Library, Priory Lane, St Neots PE19 2BH
- Great Shelford Free Church 1st Thursday of the month, 10.30-1pm: Great Shelford Free Church, Ashen Green, Great Shelford, CB22 5EY
- Cottenham Community Centre 2nd Thursday of the month, 2pm-4pm: Cottenham Community Centre, 250A High Street,
Cottenham CB24 8RZ
- Fulbourn Library 3rd Thursday of the month, 10.30am-1pm: The Swifts Meeting Room & Library, Haggis Gap, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5HD
- Melbourn Community Centre (from August) 4th Thursday of the month, 2pm-4pm: Vicarage Close Community Room, Melbourn SG8 6DY
- Chatteris Library 2nd Friday of the month, 10.30am-1pm: Chatteris Library, 2 Furrowfields Road, Chatteris, PE16 6DY
To make an appointment and/or request batteries, please use our online booking service or telephone our office: 01223 416141.
If you require batteries we will need to know what SIZE you need. This will be either size 13 Orange, size 312 Brown or size 675 Blue.
If you are unable to get to any of our Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres please contact your original provider: your hospital audiology department or Specsavers.
You can also pick-up batteries from the Cambridgeshire Mobile Library, which visits 85 villages and communities throughout the county: [email protected]
Further locations for Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres will be posted on this website as they become available.
If you need your NHS hearing aids cleaned and re-tubed, and need new NHS batteries, you could drop-in to one of our 43 community Hearing Help sessions. Find out about the sessions nearest to you.
We rely on support from individuals, community groups, companies, charitable trusts and foundations to keep our services running. Discover ways you can support us, including taking part in a sponsored event, making a one-off or regular donation, or leaving a gift in your Will.
Latest News from Cambridgeshire Hearing Help:
User Satisfaction Survey Report – we wish to thank everyone who took the time to complete a questionnaire and comment on our services and the quality of the volunteering experience with Cambridgeshire Hearing Help. We are delighted to see how high the satisfaction is both with our services and from the volunteers too. The full survey report can be found here.